AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should I start over?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judy_

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 19, 2017
Hey loves.

Not too sure if this has been posted before, I tried a search but couldn't find anything. So I'm not even sure if this is allowed or a terrible idea but, I kinda messed up and didn't understand how to use MFC when I first started. Coming from SM, MFC can be very overwhelming. I would cam from 10pm to 3am the next day and didn't know that counted as two days! EEEP! So my cam score is only around 2000. I'm watching some new girls with a 6000 cam score, who have horrible lighting etc... (I don't want to bash too much). SO I guess Im wondering if I should start a new account now that I understand the game a bit better. Is that allowed? Is it a bad idea? Sorry for all these threads I keep posting.

XO

Attachments

• Photo on 12-14-16 at 11.26 PM.jpg
    Photo on 12-14-16 at 11.26 PM.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 40
MFC generally doesn't give new accounts, also a 2000 camscore is pretty good for starting off! Why would you trade a 2k camscore for the 1k a new account would give you anyway? New model status is important but you can definitely capitalize off where you are now.

MFC generally doesn't give new accounts, also a 2000 camscore is pretty good for starting off! Why would you trade a 2k camscore for the 1k a new account would give you anyway? New model status is important but you can definitely capitalize off where you are now.

Well I was watching some girls with new girl status that aren't too great, and have like a 6000 cam score already! I was so lost when I started and just feel like now that I know what the heck is going on I could build it up better. But then again Maybe Im just being hard on myself. I'm just really looking forward to having a room with more than 20 people and put on some great shows. :)

Girl you are doing fine. I'm 3 weeks in and my cam score is 481 lol. Some girls randomly do well some don't. All about finding the guys that like you. Do you use region block? I just took it off and my tippers increased tenfold.

Girl you are doing fine. I'm 3 weeks in and my cam score is 481 lol. Some girls randomly do well some don't. All about finding the guys that like you. Do you use region block? I just took it off and my tippers increased tenfold.

awshit. Yes I have it on because family etc... Cant take it off but Im only blocking Vegas, Michigan and Ontario... well I guess thats a big chunk but it has to be done. Thank you for your input

Big numbers are good for show off... but the tips are way better :). Model's camscore is based on an algorithm, some factors which have a remarkable effect on model's camscore are:
- time spent online with a big number of viewers on your chat room
- rate and admire
- big tip values
- offline tips (and it seams offline tips are the best way to boost your camscore very fast)

[Strikethrough edit due to being completely inaccurate and I don't want new readers to think these are true. Time online, tokens earned, over an average period of time (60 calendar days) is how camscore is calculated - AmberCutie]
Offline tips: - i've tested this in the past for so many times. A Moldavian camgirl with a camscore of 700 (around) after receiving a single tip of 200 tokens, her camscore got up, back to 1000 and the model wasn't online for more than a month.
This is just one case.

To start over?! Its not the best suggestion (in my opinion) even if you have the NEW tag ... @GenXoxo already mentioned above... and @Amber Haze already responded with her personal situation/example.

If I were in your shoos (but I am not) I'd be taking advantage of so many things because you have the "tools":
- invest in your online image/ online presence with professional photo sessions (great for your "portfolio", great for selling too - another source of tokens / offline tips)
- put your profile page to good use (disregard the idea of me being a MFC profile designer) / offer your viewers the possibility to tip you even if you are offline , encourage to rate and admire
- use social media (twitter) to boost your traffic when online
So yes... there are steps you can take.

Most of the time model's don't give much interest in what non-webcam performers have to say or suggest but at the end of the day the model's target is exactly us... the non-performers, the tippers, premiums , the income source.

Have a wonderful day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big numbers are good for show off... but the tips are way better :). Model's camscore is based on an algorithm, some factors which have a remarkable effect on model's camscore are:
- rate and admire
- big tip values
- offline tips (and it seams offline tips are the best way to boost your camscore very fast)

Offline tips: - i've tested this in the past for so many times. A Moldavian camgirl with a camscore of 700 (around) after receiving a single tip of 200 tokens, her camscore got up, back to 1000 and the model wasn't online for more than a month.
This is just one case.

To start over?! Its not the best suggestion (in my opinion) even if you have the NEW tag ... @GenXoxo already mentioned above... and @Amber Haze already responded with her personal situation/example.

If I were in your shoos (but I am not) I'd be taking advantage of so many things because you have the "tools":
- invest in your online image/ online presence with professional photo sessions (great for your "portfolio", great for selling too - another source of tokens / offline tips)
- put your profile page to good use (disregard the idea of me being a MFC profile designer) / offer your viewers the possibility to tip you even if you are offline , encourage to rate and admire

Most of the time model's don't give much interest in what non-webcam performers have to say or suggest but at the end of the day the model's target is exactly us... the non-performers, the tippers, premiums , the income source.

Have a wonderful day.

As far as I'm aware the amount of people in your chat room does not help your cam score.
Strictly based of tokens per hour.

- time spent online with a big number of viewers on your chat room*
- rate and admire*

- big tip values
- offline tips (and it seams offline tips are the best way to boost your camscore very fast).

Sorry, but no. This is an old myth. Camscore is the rate at which tokens are earned wrt broadcast time. It is not in any way affected by "rate and admire" or room count.

Information can be found on the wiki here...

http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Profile_Ratings_and_Admires

http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/CamScore

:)

Thank you both @Amber Haze and @WickedTouch for correcting me .
Tho time spent online is relevant. Maybe it has nothing to do with camscore but if the model is "no where to be found" i see its relevance in that. :)
Anyway... the "beach" season is about to start and some popular models will take vacations or participate in events like summits and other stuff... a good opportunity for less popular models to step-up.
By the way... does anyone notices a slow activity on this period (June - September) on major websites? Less models , less tippers?

Yeah rate and admire have nothing to do with camscore so don't let any guy who tries to get a flash get away with that. It used to way back in the day but doesn't anymore.

And your 2000 camscore is damn good. For perspective, mine is 876. It's probably going to slow down a bit after your new model status wears off but that's where being consistent comes in. Plus, a lot of those girls that suddenly succeed massively when first signing up have a fan base from somewhere else. Kati3kat was a big chaturbate model and one of the new top girls was a big twitch person.

You've got this! You're off to a great start! Keep it up! You're doing something right. :D

- rate and admire
- big tip values

This is just one case.

Have a wonderful day.

I totally agree with all that your saying about social media. I'm just starting and have maybe 4 followers on twitter lol so that's not really helpful. I actually model in my real life job and have loads of images but I can't use those for camming I want to keep them separate. So, it's literally re-branding and starting from scratch AND still finding time for my other job which I don't want t abandon. I have thought about merging the two but that is tricky tricky business. If I did I would have a butt load more fans on MFC but it's scary.

Interesting about the offline tip though... I was getting offline tipped last night, well technically this morning at 12am and my cam score is still the same. hmm.... Or maybe it changes the next day?

Yeah rate and admire have nothing to do with camscore so don't let any guy who tries to get a flash get away with that. It used to way back in the day but doesn't anymore.

And your 2000 camscore is damn good. For perspective, mine is 876. It's probably going to slow down a bit after your new model status wears off but that's where being consistent comes in. Plus, a lot of those girls that suddenly succeed massively when first signing up have a fan base from somewhere else. Kati3kat was a big chaturbate model and one of the new top girls was a big twitch person.

You've got this! You're off to a great start! Keep it up! You're doing something right. :D

Ahhhh I lost my status after 3 days of camming cause I stupidly cammed late at night into the next day. Kinda dumb how they set it up. It should be hours spend on line.

Edited the post above because holyflappinjesuschrist I hate when people who don't know how something works states how something works so boldly. Don't fucking do that.

Ahem. Anywho...

@Horny_Hannah since camscore is based on earning tokens and spending less time on cam, you'll want to find ways to increase your token influx while not increasing your time on cam. A lot of girls will offer videos, snapchat access, exclusive photos or fan signs, custom videos and even Skype time for this purpose. And while on cam, doing games or raffles with prizes will help speed up the rate of tokens during your cam sessions. As others have said above your 2000 camscore is good right now, starting over would put you backwards. SO instead of trying to start a new account (where MFC would probably decline your request anyway) just focus on what I mentioned above. Maximize tokens per time online. :)

Tokens per hour vs. site average over 60 days is pretty much it for camscore. Offline tips are considered camscore boosts because they have zero hours attached and will factor into your next cam time. For example, if the next time your are on cam you make 2000 tokens less than your average you wont really see a CS change but if you make the same as usual, the 2000 tokens get's added to your tokens per hour and bumps up your average.

A model with a new tag and a 6000 score is a MAJOR MAJOR rarity. 2000 is a very good start for a new model and I really don't think starting over will change much, even if you were able to slip it past MFC. You are at a good point now for growth, consistency and reliability are going to be your friend.

Ahhhh I lost my status after 3 days of camming cause I stupidly cammed late at night into the next day. Kinda dumb how they set it up. It should be hours spend on line.

You didn't lose your status. Members can each set the number of days to their own preference. You don't have any affect on that whatsoever.

Some may have it set for 3 days so you will no longer show up with a new model tag after that. Some have it set for 90 days. And then there's some, like me, who have it off. You never had a new model tag to people with that setting.

chrome_2017-04-26_11-32-32.png

Tokens per hour vs. site average over 60 days is pretty much it for camscore. Offline tips are considered camscore boosts because they have zero hours attached and will factor into your next cam time. For example, if the next time your are on cam you make 2000 tokens less than your average you wont really see a CS change but if you make the same as usual, the 2000 tokens get's added to your tokens per hour and bumps up your average.

A model with a new tag and a 6000 score is a MAJOR MAJOR rarity. 2000 is a very good start for a new model and I really don't think starting over will change much, even if you were able to slip it past MFC. You are at a good point now for growth, consistency and reliability are going to be your friend.

Thank you for your insights everyone. Good to know. I'll stay where I am. THANK YOU!

Edited the post above because holyflappinjesuschrist I hate when people who don't know how something works states how something works so boldly. Don't fucking do that.

Ahem. Anywho...

@Horny_Hannah since camscore is based on earning tokens and spending less time on cam, you'll want to find ways to increase your token influx while not increasing your time on cam. A lot of girls will offer videos, snapchat access, exclusive photos or fan signs, custom videos and even Skype time for this purpose. And while on cam, doing games or raffles with prizes will help speed up the rate of tokens during your cam sessions. As others have said above your 2000 camscore is good right now, starting over would put you backwards. SO instead of trying to start a new account (where MFC would probably decline your request anyway) just focus on what I mentioned above. Maximize tokens per time online. :)

Thank you for clarifying that for me! You fucking rock so hard!

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberCutie
Dang, now have the impression MFC models live and die according to their camscore. Not so good.

Dang, now have the impression MFC models live and die according to their camscore. Not so good.
Well you would be wrong but I also wonder, why? Why in your opinion would a model keeping tabs on her hourly earnings and ability to easily gain new viewers bother you? Does it only bother you if she just talks about it all the time or does it bother you that it's something that matters to her at all, even if she doesn't speak much about it?

I just don't understand but it's common to see members get kind of upset when a model actually gives a shit about her success, and a reckon that comes from a place much too complicated to dig into here.

Well you would be wrong but I also wonder, why? Why in your opinion would a model keeping tabs on her hourly earnings and ability to easily gain new viewers bother you? Does it only bother you if she just talks about it all the time or does it bother you that it's something that matters to her at all, even if she doesn't speak much about it?

I just don't understand but it's common to see members get kind of upset when a model actually gives a shit about her success, and a reckon that comes from a place much too complicated to dig into here.

This is probably stating the obvious, but maybe it's getting a peek behind the curtain and ruining the fantasy just a bit.

(that's why I try to not watch any "behind the scenes" or "how it was made" shows of movies I like.)

I was wrong, I do apologize and please disregard my reply... (thanks @AmberCutie for editing and clearing my mistake) :)
Its good to get the right info.

@Alisa - more models , less tippers. Vacation it good for models being able to go online, but bad because kids are home, less tippers..... hmmm... food for thought... because I wonder how this "low period" is affecting the webcam performers.
From my end, being a "salesman", the sales are dropping... a bit, but I know that starting with late November things improve and on winter holidays... a nice boost.

Anyway... good luck to you all. I'm hoping for a nice vacation too.

Reactions: Judy_
Thank you for your insights everyone. Good to know. I'll stay where I am. THANK YOU!

Here is a site which keeps tracks of camgirl statistics. Looking at your profile it says with a camscore of 2310 your camscore is in the top 8% of all camscore on the site. Way to go!
You have some very sexy pictures on your profile. If you can get on cam consistently several hours a day, I think you are well on your way to making a decent money.

Why in your opinion would a model keeping tabs on her hourly earnings and ability to easily gain new viewers bother you? Does it only bother you if she just talks about it all the time or does it bother you that it's something that matters to her at all, even if she doesn't speak much about it?

Not what I was meaning in the slightest. Not one teeny, tiny iota. Was more the idea of folks being subject to the vagaries of an arbitrarily decided formula is all

Not what I was meaning in the slightest. Not one teeny, tiny iota. Was more the idea of folks being subject to the vagaries of an arbitrarily decided formula is all

Well that's how it works. Sometimes if you wanna be successful on sites you have to kinda crack the algorithm. Any site with any sort of placement on the page can determine how much you earn.

Every camsite is like this. May it be by viewership or how much you earn in a specific time or how much you earn period.

Every camsite is like this. May it be by viewership or how much you earn or how much you earn in a specific time.

This I know. And having just seen in the past week a model I've blethered to for years suddenly go from nowhere to top half page 1 on chaturbate, I've an acute sense of what it can mean in terms of income (and anxiety)

Apologies. My point was simply - viewer numbers are straightforward and easy to understand, camscores or what have you very much less so and, I get the feeling, are intended to mechanistically encourage people to behave in certain, specific ways (and not in others). And the imposition of that on folks to me seems a bit harsh

This I know. And having just seen in the past week a model I've blethered to for years suddenly go from nowhere to top half page 1 on chaturbate, I've an acute sense of what it can mean in terms of income (and anxiety)

Apologies. My point was simply - viewer numbers are straightforward and easy to understand, camscores or what have you very much less so and, I get the feeling, are intended to mechanistically encourage people to behave in certain, specific ways (and not in others). And the imposition of that on folks to me seems a bit harsh

I honestly prefer this more then viewer count. I feel like it's a sites way of rewarding their models hard work and accomplishments.

HAAAA I think you gotta charge for that therapy session babe.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
Status
Not open for further replies.